A daddy blog.

11 March 2005

Dorked!

Some decent fellow has posted the Ep3 trailer here. Registration required.

It looks like the Emperor can act, but the audience will still be burdened with the unholy marriage of George Lucas's expository dialogue and Hayden Christensen's sullen void.

I can live with that, because the violence looks delightful. The Emperor playing whack-a-mole with Yoda, starships breaking in half, Samuel L. Jackson and the rest of the Jedi Council getting cut to bits in short order--frigging transcendent. I won't even talk crap about Chewie's appearance, because maybe now we'll finally get a chance to see him tear someone's arm off.

I thought that overall, Clones was the worst Ep, but its last 45 minutes of open warfare were the best 45 in the series. And basic calculus suggests that this movie is going to need a solid hour devoted just to killing off characters. Fool that I am, I'm excited.