A daddy blog.

26 April 2007

Jake Wood's Got Science

... for any occasion, be it on the Wisconsin football field or in Fallujah:
I definitely had an advantage going into bootcamp having played for Wisconsin. In all honesty, playing for [former UW Offensive Line coach Jim] Hueber and [former UW Defensive Line coach John] Palermo was maybe scarier than getting thrashed by my drill instructors at bootcamp. I think the biggest thing that it prepared me for was the verbal abuse and constant mental assault. In bootcamp, nothing is ever good enough and you are always told about it. Hell, I had been in bootcamp for four years already at Wisconsin.
Character-building experience are a real bitch, but they do apparently pay off. Wood is no doubt making an impression on that Iraqi kid he'll never forget. We again thank Lion in Oil for directing us to Jake's blog.